Wednesday, 21 September 2016

My Trip to the Sealife Centre


Over the summer holidays this I decided to visit the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham to grasp a further understanding and knowledge of sea creatures, their habitats, movements and their anatomy. During thus visit I wanted to gain this understanding of sea creature’s anatomy as my theme included moulding human bone structure with different animals to create completely original designs and concepts, during this visit I also found out different information about the different animals and facts that were particularly interesting, including certain animals that are becoming more endangered such as the Hawksbill Turtle, Blue Whales and Hawaiian Mock Seals.


Also this visits showed me the vast majority of species and specimens that can be found under the sea even though the carry a fraction of what the ocean holds, this also opened my eye to how many different species there are in the world and how the Human race is the single most dominant in the world. Why us? Why our species?

I would like to research more into how we became who we are today, the classic theory is that we were evolved from Apes, however I would like to see whether the different structures in aquatic animals would have allowed us to be their ancestors if climate had been different and if so what we would have looked like to this day.

I will use the different forms from the creatures to create different shapes and outcomes that we could have look like when evolving from see creatures and possibly some of the traits we could have gained. For example jelly fish have a very unique and strange structure as they have no bones and a very good defence system, I would like to do research into combining these atributes with human ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment